Thermoelectric materials are able to directly convert thermal energy wasted in plants, car engines, etc. into electrical energy. This feature is considered as highly promising to reduce mankind’s dependence on nuclear power and fossil fuels, and eliminate greenhouse gas emissions. However, the path for practical applications of thermoelectrics appears still long.
This symposium aims to bridge the gap between materials science and applications of thermoelectric materials.
This symposium will be partially supported by AAT (Asian Association of Thermoelectrics) in promotion of cooperation between thermoelectric researchers in Asia. It will be endorsed by THO (Team Harmonized Oxides, Japan) and AIT (Italian Thermoelectric Society).
A one-day intensive school on material science and engineering of thermoelectrics will be organized by AAT as a pre-conference event of IUMRS-ICAM 2017 in Kyoto.
Topics will include, but are not limited to:
1. New thermoelectric compounds
2. Correlation between material structure and thermoelectric properties
3. Bulk thermoelectric ceramics, oxides and chalcogenides
4. Bulk thermoelectric alloys and intermetallics
5. Organic and polymeric thermoelectrics
6. Thermoelectric thin films, multilayers and nanocomposites
7. Theory and modelling
8. Thermal transport and thermal conductivity
9. Applications and devices based on thermoelectric materials
10. Standardization and metrology